Pin Parvati Pass Trek - 15 days / 14 nights
About The Trek: A 15 days / 14 nights tour with 11 days of high altitude trekking. The trek starts from Parvati valley and crosses over The Pin Parvati Pass which lies in the Great Himalayan Range into the Spiti valley. Sir Louis Dane first discovered this pass in August 1884 as entry point to Spiti from Kullu. Its a very difficult pass not only because it lies very high and remains under heavy snow for most of the year but also because it involves very long journey beyond habitation. This pass links Parvati valley in Kullu with Pin valley of Spiti. Hence it derives the name Pin Parvati pass. Perhaps this is the only important pass in Himachal that was not discovered by enterprising local shepherds. After the trek we take a break around in Spiti valley exploring some old monasteries.
Duration of the tour: 15 days / 14 nights with 11 days of trekking
Max Elevation: Pin Parvati Pass (5319 mts)
Best Time: July to end September
Starting Point of the Trek: Barshaini
Highlight: Scenic beauty, Nature, Flora & Fauna
Day Wise Trek Description:
Day 01: Manali - Manikaran - Pulga ( 100 kms )
Travel by surface from Manali to Manikaran (85 kms). Manikaran is a holy place for both Sikhs and Hindus alike and also has the World’s hottest Sulphur Spring. Start the trek from Manikaran to Pulga (15 kms) through the forest road. Overnight in tents at Pulga (2290 m).
Day 02: Pulga - Khirganga ( 10 kms trek )
Gradual ascent through villages, fields and forest. Khirganga (2960 m) is a holy place with Hot water springs. Overnight in tents.
Day 03: Khirganga - Tunda Bhuj ( 18 kms trek )
Through forest level walking to reach Tunda Bhuj (3285 m). The trail crosses several delightful pastures supporting a variety of wildflowers in the summer. Overnight in tents.
Day 04: Tunda Bhuj - Thakar Kuan ( 16 kms trek )
Through birch forest crossing rocks and dense vegetation. This section of valley is difficult at places as the trail frequently skirts rock faces that are difficult for laden porters. Reach Thakur Kuan (3560 m) above the cliff section. Overnight in tents.
Day 05: Thakar Kuan - Pandu Bridge ( 12 kms trek )
Beyond Thakar Kuan, the trail passes several Gaddi encampments before crossing a side river by a natural rock bridge. Trek for 12 kms to reach Pandu Bridge (3700 m). Overnight in tents.
Day 06: Pandu Bridge - Mantalai Lake ( 15 kms trek )
Trek for 15 kms to reach Mantalai lake (4116 m), the source of Parbati river. There is a choice of grassy camp- sites just beyond Mantalai. Overnight in tents.
Day 07: Mantalai Lake - Camp I ( 12 kms trek )
Walk over the glacier & moraine and cross small lakes & streams to reach Camp I on the base of Pin Parvati Pass. Overnight in tents (4573 m).
Day 08: Camp I - Camp II ( 12 kms trek )
Cross over the Pin Parvati Pass (5319 m) and enjoy the view of several peaks of Kullu & Spiti region. The descent from the pass is gradual, over a snowfield. Camp near the confluence of Pin river with other small streams. Overnight in tents (4450 m).
Day 09: Camp II - Chinpatta Maidan ( 14 kms trek )
Trek down the valley along the left bank of Pin River. Overnight in tents at Chinpatta Maidan (3955 m).
Day 10: Chinpatta Maidan - Mud ( 15 kms trek )
From here trek down to the first village of Pin Valley, Mud (3811 m). Overnight in tents.
Day 11: Mud - Sagnam ( 16 kms trek )
Sagnam is a big village on the confluence of Pin and Parahio rivers. Overnight in tents in Sagnam (3650 m).
Day 12: Sagnam - Tabo ( 40 kms )
Transfer by surface from Sagnam to Tabo enroute visiting Gungri, Lalung and Dhankar Monasteries. On arrival set up camp. Overnight in tents at Tabo.
Day 13: Tabo - Kaza ( 48 kms )
Morning visit Tabo monastery. Later travel to Kaza. On arrival check in at hotel. Evening free to explore the tiny town of Kaza. Overnight at hotel.
Day 14: Kaza
Morning visit the Ki monastery, 12 kms from Kaza. This centuries – old gompa is a labyrinth of rooms and corridors – and at one time also acted as a fort. It houses valuable Thangkas and offers a panoramic view of the area. Also visit the small gompa at Kibber, 9 kms further ahead. Kibber at 4205 m has the distinction of being the highest permanently inhabited village of the region. Overnight at hotel.
Day 15: Kaza - Manali ( 200 kms / 10 hrs )
Travel by surface from Kaza to Manali (2050 m). End of tour
(Per Person Cost) : -Rates valid till 31st March 2014
||10 pax & above
|Rs 79500 PP
||Rs 66500 PP
||Rs 59000 PP
||Rs 55000 PP
||Rs 51500 PP
- Accommodation in alpine tents while camping (trekking style camping)
- All three meals - breakfast & dinner would be hot and lunches would be packed
- Meals starts with packed lunch on day 01 of trekking till packed lunch on last day of the trek
- Services of an experienced trekking route guide (from 4 pax onwards)
- Cook & attendant during the trekking
- Insulation mats & Sleeping bags
- Dinning tent (from 4 pax onwards)
- Kitchen tent fitted with kitchen equipment
- Ponies during trekking to carry baggage, food material, camping equipment
- Entrances to places of visit, camping fee
- All transfers (to the trek starting point & pick up from trek end point by non AC jeeps)
- Presently applicable taxes
- Accommodation would be provided in Moving camp in a moving camp we provide accommodation in alpine tents (trekking tents) and carry all equipment like kitchen tent, dinning tent, cook, kitchen equipment & ration etc on pones or porters (guest would have to carry their own day bags)
Kaza: Spiti Sarai or similar basic hotel ( from day 13 / 15 only )
- ** Incase of 2 -3 pax, cook would work as route guide and dinning arrangements would be made in kitchen tent only
- *** Entry fees for GHNP @ Rs 250 per person per day for Foreigners/ Rs 10 per person per day for Indians is not included in our cost and would be charged extra
- Any airfare / Bus fare / train fare or airport tax
- Any hotel in Manali
- Any transportation to reach Manali, local sight seeing or departure
- Meals other then mentioned
- Sleeping bags, Trekking Shoes and clothing
- Any kind of insurance, Medical evacuation charges
- Travel insurance, repatriation charges, Damages/ claims of any nature, Expenses of personal nature like telephone calls, Laundry, Any kind of hard or soft drinks, Any kind of personal clothing, Any other expense not mentioned in the cost include column