Tour to the remote and unexplored Spiti valley - 5 Days / 4 nights
Day 01: Manali / Kunzam Pass / Kaza ( 202 Kms )
Pick Up from Manali hotel and drive to Kaza over Rohtang Pass (3980 m) & Kunzum Pass (4558 m). Enroute also drive past some villages of Spiti valley like Losar, Hal and Ragrik. On arrival in Kaza check in at guest house. Overnight at guest house.
Day 02: In Kaza
Morning visit the Ki monastery, 12 kms from Kaza. This centuries – old gompa is a labyrinth of rooms and corridors – and at one time also acted as a fort. It houses valuable thangkas and offers a panoramic view of the area. Also visit the small gompa at Kibber, 9 kms further ahead. Kibber at 4205 m has the distinction of being the highest permanently inhabited village of the region. Overnight at guest house.
Day 03: Kaza / Pin Valley / Tabo
Travel from Kaza to Pin Valley, the land of Ibex and Snow Leopards. Visit Kungri monastery at Pin Valley. Continue drive to Tabo. Visit Tabo monastery. Founded in 996 AD by the great teacher Richensang-po, Tabo is renowned for its breathtaking murals and stucco images – and is often called “The Ajanta of the Himalayas”. The largest monastic complex in Spiti, the old section has 9 temples, 23 chortens, a monks chamber and a nuns chamber. There are several caves adorned with frescoes and contemporary structures too. In trans Himalayan Buddhism, Tabo’s sanctity is next only to Tibet’s Tholing gompa. Overnight at guest house.
Day 04: Tabo / Dhankar / Kaza
Travel from Tabo to Dhankar gompa. This gompa rests high over the valley and is a stupendous example of local architecture. It is regarded to have once been a fort and was also the residence of the ruler of Spiti – the Nano. Also visit the Lalung Gompa. Continue travel onwards to Kaza. Overnight at guest house.
Day 05: Kaza / Manali ( 202 kms )
Travel back from Kaza to Manali enroute crossing over Kunzam Pass providing beautiful views of CB ranges and Rohtang Pass. Arrival Manali by late evening, end of services
Applicable Nett rates (Per Person cost)
|Using Standard Hotels
|Using Deluxe Hotels
||Tiger Den / Millennium Guest House
- Accommodation in mentioned or similar Hotel (as per package option), on twin sharing.
- MAP basis throughout (Room with Breakfast & dinner only) – number of meals are equal to number of nights
- All transfers & sightseeing as per mentioned itinerary by an independent vehicle (Tavera / Innova)
- Presently applicable taxes
- Any air fare, bus fare or train fare
- Meals other then mentioned
- Local guide, Monument fee, entrances fee
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
- Any other item not specified in 'cost includes'