Trek to Khirganga & Mantalai Lake - 10 days / 9 nights
About The Trek: The trek begins at Manikaran and winds along the raging Parvati River. As you gain altitude, you would have spectacular views of the mountains. Parvati valley is also known as the valley of flower and this trek through thick pine forest and fields of wild flowers - a profusion of iris, buttercups, poppies, phulumises and edelweiss will take you up to the Mantlali Lake which is the source of Parvati River
Duration of the trek: 10 days/ 09 nights
Max Elevation: Mantlali Lake (4116 mts)
Best Time: Mid of May to end September
Starting Point of the Trek: Barshaini
Highlight: Scenic beauty, Nature, Flora & Fauna
Physical Challenge: Strenuous
Day Wise Trek Description:
Day 01: Manali - Manikaran - Pulga (100 kms)
Travel by surface from Manali to Manikaran (85 kms). Manikaran is a holy place for both Sikhs and Hindus alike and also has the World’s hottest Sulphur Spring. Start the trek from Manikaran to Pulga (15 kms) through the forest road. Overnight in tents at Pulga (2290 m).
Day 02: Pulga - Khirganga (10 kms trek)
Gradual ascent through villages, fields and forest. Khirganga (2960 m) is a holy place with Hot water springs. Overnight in tents.
Day 03: Khirganga - Tunda Bhuj (18 kms trek)
Through forest level walking to reach Tunda Bhuj (3285 m). The trail crosses several delightful pastures supporting a variety of wildflowers in the summer. Overnight in tents.
Day 04: Tunda Bhuj - Thakar Kuan (16 kms trek)
Through birch forest crossing rocks and dense vegetation. This section of valley is difficult at places as the trail frequently skirts rock faces that are difficult for laden porters. Reach Thakur Kuan (3560 m) above the cliff section. Overnight in tents.
Day 05: Thakar Kuan - Pandu Bridge (12 kms trek)
Beyond Thakar Kuan, the trail passes several Gaddi encampments before crossing a side river by a natural rock bridge. Trek for 12 kms to reach Pandu Bridge (3700 m). Overnight in tents.
Day 06: Pandu Bridge - Mantalai Lake (15 kms trek)
Trek for 15 kms to reach Mantalai Lake (4116 m), the source of Parbati River. There is a choice of grassy camp- sites just beyond Mantalai. Overnight in tents.
Day 07: Mantalai Lake - Pandu Bridge (15 kms)
Trek back the same way from Mantalai to Pandu Bridge. Overnight in Tents
Day 08: Pandu Bridge - Thakar Kuan (12 kms)
Trek back the same way from Pandu Bridge to Thakur Kuan. Overnight in Tents
Day 09: Thakar Kuan - Tunda Bhuj (16 kms)
Trek back from Thakur Kuan to Tunda Bhuj. Overnight in Tents
Day 10: Tunda Bhauj - Barsheni – Manikaran - Kullu or Manali drop
Return to Barsheni from where a vehicle will pick you up and drop you back at Kullu or Manali where the trek ends.
(Per Person Cost) : - Rates valid till 30 Sep 2013
||10 pax & above
|Rs 56000 PP
||Rs 53000 PP
||Rs 42500 PP
||Rs 40000 PP
||Rs 36000 PP
- Accommodation in alpine tents while camping (trekking style camping)
- All three meals - breakfast & dinner would be hot and lunches would be packed
- Meals starts with packed lunch on day 01 of trekking till packed lunch on last day of the trek
- Services of an experienced trekking route guide (from 4 pax onwards)
- Cook & attendant during the trekking
- Insulation mats & Sleeping bags
- Dinning tent (from 4 pax onwards)
- Kitchen tent fitted with kitchen equipment
- Porters during trekking to carry baggage, food material, camping equipment
- Camping fee
- All transfers (to the trek starting point & pick up from trek end point by non AC jeeps)
- Presently applicable taxes
- Accommodation would be provided in Moving camp in a moving camp we provide accommodation in alpine tents (trekking tents) and carry all equipment like kitchen tent, dinning tent, cook, kitchen equipment & ration etc on porters (guest would have to carry their own day bags)
- ** Incase of 2 - 3 pax, cook would work as route guide and dinning arrangements would be made in kitchen tent only
- *** Entry fees for GHNP (Pin Parvati Trek @ Rs 250 per person per day for Foreigners/ Rs 10 per person per day for Indians is not included in our cost would be charged extra
- Any airfare / Bus fare / train fare or airport tax
- Any hotel in Manali
- Any transportation to reach Manali, local sight seeing or departure
- Meals other then mentioned
- Sleeping bags, Trekking Shoes and clothing
- Any kind of insurance, Medical evacuation charges
- Travel insurance, repatriation charges, Damages/ claims of any nature, Expenses of personal nature like telephone calls, Laundry, Any kind of hard or soft drinks, Any kind of personal clothing, Any other expense not mentioned in the cost include column