Malana Glacier & Village trek - 07 days / 06 nights
About The Trek: This trek is easy to moderate one and donot have any specified resting places. This trek will have flowers start blooming from mid June onwards and reach peak during monsoon period mid July to mid August. Himalayan flowers ranging from 1500 m to 3500 m can be found all over. Especially Rohtang pass area and Chanderkhani pass will have lot of flowers.
There are few wild animals also around but in summer months they shift to higher reaches where our trek does not go. As it starts getting cold the wild animals start migrating back to lower heights. Hence, we donot comment that the guests would be able to spot any wild animal or not
Duration of the trek: 07 days / 06 nights
Max Elevation: Chanderkhani pass ( 3660 m )
Best Time: Mid May to End September except July & Aug
Starting Point of the Trek: Naggar
Highlight: Scenic beauty, Nature, Flora & Fauna
Physical Challenge: Easy to moderate
Day Wise Trek Description:
Day 01: Manali - Naggar ( 20 kms ) - Stiling ( 3 hr trek )
Travel by car/jeep from Manali to Naggar. Visit Naggar castle, Roerich Art Gallery ( closed on Mondays ) and other temples in the village. From Roerich Art Gallery we start our walk to Rumsu village over the dirt road which is partially through forest. Rumsu village ( 2378 m ) is the first village which you would cross during this trek, the next being Malana. At Rumsu you get an opportunity to see old traditional houses and temple of local deity Jamdagni Rishi who also has a temple dedicated to him at Malana also. At Rumsu we have to take care not to touch the temple and neither can one visit it (only see form a distance). After Rumsu we start our ascend walk to our camp site which is about 1.5 hrs away. The camp site at Stiling is surrounded by forest with trees like devdar, khanol and other Himalayan coniferous trees. Overnight in tents.
Day 02: Stiling - Camp I ( 4 hrs trek )
From Stiling to Khaunkaradi it is partially steep walk and attimes a little flat. From here till our camp at the base of Chanderkhani Pass ( 3660 m ) it is an easy walk and trees of birch are scattered around. We camp at around 3400 m. View of Manali and peaks like Shetidhar, Hanuman Tibba, Priya Darshani. Overnight in tents.
Day 03: Camp I - Nag Ruhni ( 4 hrs trek )
From here we start our ascend to Chanderkhani pass ( 3660 m ) which is a walk of about an hour. From the pass one can enjoy a magnificent view of various mountain peaks of Kullu, Lahaul and Bara Bhangal ranges. Trek further upto Nag Ruhni ( 3430 m ) which is walk over the ridge. Nag Ruhni is surrounded by rocks and trees. Overnight in tents.
Day 04: Nag Ruhni - Khiksa Thach ( 4 hrs trek )
Easy walk through the forest with beautiful views all around to the meadow of, Khiksa Thach (3450 m) providing beautiful scenery. This day there is a chance to view Himalayan Black Bear, Ghoral, Monal pheasant and other common Himalayan pheasants. From Khiksa Thach you can view a part of Malana glacier. Overnight in tents.
Day 05: In Khiksa Thach
Today we make a day hike towards Malana glacier (3 hrs walk one way) which would provide views of Parvati valley and snow capped peaks. Overnight in tents.
Day 06: Khiksa Thach - Malana ( 4 hrs trek )
Trek along the Malana Nallah to the village of Malana (2652 m) which is an easy descend. Set up a camp outside the village. Visit Malana village to enter the village to study the local customs, traditions & social system of the people, which is considered to be the oldest democracy of the World. Be cautious and follow all local rules and their customs which are very strict. A foreigner cannot touch a local villagers and temple. Overnight in tents.
Day 07: Malana - Malana Dam ( 1.5 hrs trek ) - Manali ( 85 kms )
Descend down to the Malana dam and from here travel by vehicle to visit Manikaran (1700 m). Manikaran is a holy place for Hindus and Sikhs with temples and a gurudwara. Enjoy bath in hot sulphur springs. Later transfer by surface to Manali. End of our services
(Per Person Cost) : - Rates valid till 30 Sep 2013
||10 pax & above
|Rs 31800 PP
||Rs 28700 PP
||Rs 24500 PP
||Rs 23800 PP
||Rs 23000 PP
- Accommodation in alpine tents while camping (trekking style camping)
- All three meals - breakfast & dinner would be hot and lunches would be packed
- Meals starts with packed lunch on day 01 of trekking till packed lunch on last day of the trek
- Services of an experienced trekking route guide (from 4 pax onwards)
- Cook & attendant during the trekking
- Insulation mats & Sleeping bags
- Kitchen tent fitted with kitchen equipment
- Ponies during trekking to carry baggage, food material, camping equipment
- Camping fee
- All transfers (to the trek starting point & pick up from trek end point by non AC jeeps)
- Presently applicable taxes
- During the trek accommodation would be provided in Moving camp(alpine tents) and carry all equipment like kitchen tent, dinning tent, cook, kitchen equipment & ration etc on pones (guest would have to carry their own day bags)
- Incase of 2 -3 pax, cook would work as route guide and dinning arrangements would be made in kitchen tent only
- Any airfare / Bus fare / train fare or airport tax
- Any hotel in Manali
- Any transportation to reach Manali, local sight seeing or departure
- Meals other then mentioned
- Sleeping bags, Trekking Shoes and clothing
- Any kind of insurance, Medical evacuation charges
- Travel insurance, repatriation charges, Damages/ claims of any nature, Expenses of personal nature like telephone calls, Laundry, Any kind of hard or soft drinks, Any kind of personal clothing, Any other expense not mentioned in the cost include column