Manali - Chandertal - Baralachala - Manali - 06 days / 05 nights
About The Trek: A 06 days/ 05 nights trek. The trek starts from the Chandra valley in Lahaul & Spiti region. Chandertal at an altitude of 4300 m. This blue water has a circumference of 2.5 kms. This is the source of river Chandra. This is believed to be the spot from where the God Indra’s chariot took the eldest Pandava brother “YUDISHTRA” to the heaven in his mortal form. After completing the trek we also visit the Lahaul & Pattan valley to see some villages to interact with the locals & view their culture.
Duration of Trek: 06 days/ 05 nights
Best Time: Mid June to Mid Sep
Highest Point: Baralacha La 4883 m
Highlight: Landscapes, Chandertal Lake
Physical Challenge: Moderate to Technical
Day Wise Trek Description:
Day 01: Manali - Batal (100 kms)
Travel by jeep from Manali to Batal over the Rohtang Pass (3978 m). Overnight in tents.
Day 02: Batal - Chandertal (16 kms)
Climb up to Kunzum pass (4558 m) to have glimpses of Spiti valley and then trek down to Chandertal lake (The moon lake – 4270 m). Chandertal is of exquisite beauty between a lower ridge and the main Kunzum range, the outlet being into Chandra river. Overnight in tents.
Day 03: Chandertal - Tokpo Gangma (12 kms)
Enjoy a good view of the mountain peaks and glaciers throughout the trek to reach Tokpo Gongma (4400 m). Tokpo means river in Tibetan and Gongma means big. Overnight in tents.
Day 04: Tokpo Gongma - Tokpo Yongma (10 kms)
The trek today involves crossing a river. The river should be crossed in the morning when the water is low. Reach Tokpo Yongma (4640 m). Overnight in tents.
Day 05: Tokpo Yongma - Baralachala (10 kms)
Baralachala (4883 m) is an interesting 8 kms long pass and gives rise to three rivers viz Chandra, Bhaga and Yunam. Baralacha means ‘pass with cross roads on summit’. Roads from Zanskar, Ladakh, Spiti and Lahaul meet on top of the pass. Overnight in tents.
Day 06: Baralachala - Zingzingbar (18 kms) - Manali (167 kms)
Trek via Surajtal, the source of Bhaga River. Descend along Bhaga River and reach Zingzingbar (4270 m). Travel from Zingzingbar to Manali by jeep. The trek ends in Manali.
(Per Person Cost) : - Rates valid till 30 Sep 2013
||10 pax & above
|Rs 44000 PP
||Rs 36500 PP
||Rs 29000 PP
||Rs 28500 PP
||Rs 27500 PP
- Accommodation in alpine tents while camping (trekking style camping)
- All three meals - breakfast & dinner would be hot and lunches would be packed
- Meals starts with packed lunch on day 01 of trekking till packed lunch on last day of the trek
- Services of an experienced trekking route guide (from 4 pax onwards)
- Cook & attendant during the trekking
- Insulation mats & Sleeping bags
- Dinning tent (from 4 pax onwards)
- Kitchen tent fitted with kitchen equipment
- Ponies during trekking to carry baggage, food material, camping equipment
- Camping fee
- All transfers (to the trek starting point & pick up from trek end point by non AC jeeps)
- Presently applicable taxes
- Accommodation would be provided in Moving camp in a moving camp we provide accommodation in alpine tents (trekking tents) and carry all equipment like kitchen tent, dinning tent, cook, kitchen equipment & ration etc on pones or porters (guest would have to carry their own day bags)
- ** Incase of 2 -3 pax, cook would work as route guide and dinning arrangements would be made in kitchen tent only
- Any airfare / Bus fare / train fare or airport tax
- Any hotel in Manali
- Any transportation to reach Manali, local sight seeing or departure
- Meals other then mentioned
- Sleeping bags, Trekking Shoes and clothing
- Any kind of insurance, Medical evacuation charges
- Travel insurance, repatriation charges, Damages/ claims of any nature, Expenses of personal nature like telephone calls, Laundry, Any kind of hard or soft drinks, Any kind of personal clothing, Any other expense not mentioned in the cost include column